Washing your hair sounds like a simple task but it’s not. I’m sure deep down a lot of us know this.
There’s a right way (and a wrong way) to wash your hair! The right way ensures your hair stays hydrated, lush, healthy and shiny while also improving the length, and body while making sure there’s minimal to zero shedding. Ready?
The tips for washing your hair appear simple but can go a long way in determining the state of your hair. So if you want to keep it healthy, remember these pointers on wash days.
- Start with warm water, not hot and not cold. This is to ensure that you get out products (build-up) without necessary tugging at or pulling. Just a seamless washout.
- You need just a little shampoo. Just so you don’t end up clogging your hair follicles, using just enough shampoo is best. Overly using it or overwashing will only strip the hair of moisture and you don’t want dry hair.
- Gently work your hair through the entire length of your hair while shampooing. Focusing on just the middle or bottom of your hair strands will only get them tangled. This is also not the time to comb through with tight tooth combs!
- Apply conditioner and comb through with a wide tooth comb to distribute the conditioner evenly and rinse out with cold water. If you’re using a leave-in one (conditioner), there’s no need to rinse.
- Leave the conditioner in for about 2-5 minutes before rinsing out if you’re not using a leave-in
- Dry hair with a cotton t-shirt instead of a towel if you’d rather not, use a hair dryer.