A cleanser is an essential beauty product! You should always have at least one that is suitable for your skin type.
A facial cleanser is essentially a product that helps your skin stay clean and ready to receive other products. You get the best out of your skin when it’s completely clean, with no room for dirt, grimes or dead skin cells.
All of this means that when your skin is well cleansed, it is more likely to be soft/supple/clearer/healthier, and so on.
So, now that you know why you need a good cleanser, you should know what to look for when selecting one.
When shopping for skincare/beauty products, pay close attention to the ingredients, i.e. the chemical components, and how they perform on your skin type.
It should be noted, however, that expensive does not always imply good when it comes to cleansers, as many drugstore cleansers work just as well as, if not better than, the more expensive ones.
Shopping for a good cleanser only requires knowledge of what works best on the skin without causing side effects. It is important to note that a good cleanser will not:
1. Irritate the skin; if this occurs, discontinue use immediately as it may worsen the skin’s condition.
2. Even if used on oily skin, a good cleanser should not dry out the skin excessively. It maintains the skin’s PH balance.
3. Does not remove oil from the skin. If it does, it becomes counterproductive because the skin will try to compensate by producing even more oil, which is bad.
4. I will not be harsh. A good cleanser should be gentle enough to be used daily, once a week, and so on without causing adverse skin reactions.
5. It will not be excruciatingly painful. A good cleanser will not sting so badly that it is unbearable. True, some have a slight tingle, but this should not be one that leaves your skin red and with serious burns. If this occurs, discontinue use immediately and seek professional assistance.
What is your go-to cleanser?