Brows with a pencil? Definitely, a great way for beginners to learn to tame those babies.
Brows with a pencil can be super fleek to get your makeup to 100% without even trying too much. When done well, they light up the face in a way where almost every application afterwards is a breeze. It basically sets a tone for any makeup look so how’s yours doing?
Doing brows for beginners (aka those who can’t deal with makeup application not to mention defining that area of the face) can be tricky but when broken down into easy steps, they stay with you forever and we are doing just that for you and of course, we are starting with the good old pencil!
There are different ways to get the perfect ones but pencil works well for beginners and it’s easy to use. For best results, know what shape best suits your face in order to get a flattering overall look.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting started using an eyebrow pencil
- Moisturize the face, leaving out the brows. For best results, brush them with translucent powder/primer to set
- Brush the brows with a spoolie along their natural lines
- Gently trace along the bottom using light strokes following the natural arch (DO NOT start from the edge but the arch) with a pencil that matches your skin tone
- Gently trace the upper part with light strokes
- Gently fill in the sparse areas with the brow pencil
- Brush the brows to get rid of any harsh lines and set the brows naturally
- Neaten with a concealer underneath to define the areas and the browbone (do the top too if you want otherwise use a foundation in your shade to neaten the top area)
- Go ahead with the rest of your makeup!
*A cheat; Davis eyebrow pencil is a steal/works perfectly at just N150! Get it here
Shop a range of eye pencils here.